The SoRoTo forced action mixer is easily maintained by using a high-pressure cleaning apparatus (NOTE: make sure that the motor as well as the electrical parts are not affected) on a daily basis.
The gear box is oiled for life when delivered from SoRoTo and only in the unlike event that oil is detected on the outside of the gearbox (due to a leak) the gear box should be “refilled”.
GEAR OIL (APPLYING TO ALL MODELS)
1) Turn the mixer upside down (so that the gear box
be positioned on top of the drum)
2) The gear oil to be used is just an ordinary gear oil
of good quality — the kind which may also be used
for cars due to the fact that the mixer runs continously
with the speed of 30 RPM. The brand we use is
TOTAL Carter EP 220.
3) The refilling points are found front and back (see image)
4) The level of gear oil should just about cover the
upper cog wheel — leaving sufficient space for the oil to
LUBRICATION (APPLYING TO THE 200 L AND 300 L ONLY)
1) Lift up the mixer arms and the top disc from the tower
2) Apply ordinary grease and be generous as demonstrated on the photo (see image)